Your cover letter provides you with the opportunity to show potential employers you have the tangible experience to fill a clerical position. A successful cover letter expands on your resume by tailoring your experiences to a specific industry and job listing. A strong document can help you get the job while a weak one could send your application into the trash. Examining the professional clerical cover letter sample below can help you create a document that stands above the rest.
Professional Clerical Cover Letter Sample
Create Cover LetterCustomize Cover Letter
Clerical Cover Letter Must-Haves
Tailoring your resume to the skills outlined in the job posting can help you demonstrate your ability to meet the company’s needs. Rather than sticking to generic skills and details, you want to clearly describe why you are the best fit for the job through specific experiences. At the same time, you need to avoid repeating your resume and use the letter to enhance your previous work experience. Additionally, you should avoid clichés and generalities and focus more on creating a unique but professional document. Be sure you direct your letter to a specific hiring manager or individual rather than use a generic madam or sir. Reviewing the professional clerical cover letter sample can help you craft your own effective letter.
Best Action Verbs for a Clerical Cover Letter
As shown in the professional clerical cover letter sample, using strong action words can help you more clearly convey your experiences. You want to include industry specific verbs like organized, budgeted, filed, interacted, aided, directed, managed, provided, balanced, and instituted.
Cover Letter Text
Dear Ms. Samuels,
You are looking for a cleric who can balance a number of duties and expectations. As a highly organized individual who excels at multitasking, I feel I am an excellent candidate for your clerical assistant position at Johnson & Associates. The clerical job posting notes you desire a candidate to not only answer phones, but also perform filing, budgeting, and billing at your law office. Over the last five years, I worked as an assistant in multiple offices, and most recently, I have worked for a recognized law firm. In this position, I regularly interact with clients over the phone and in person and adequately direct them to the appropriate individual while being patient and courteous. Additionally, I organized files and crafted an effective system to ensure they were easily accessible. Finally, I manage the firm’s books as well as bill clients for company services. I am organized and punctual. I always show up on time and have proven my ability to meet deadlines while balancing a variety of tasks. My multitasking abilities have been put to the test again and again, and I continually rise to the occasion. With my experience, I am ready to immediately jump into this position. I would enjoy speaking with you further about how my multitasking, organization, and initiative can meet the needs of Johnson & Associates. Thank you for your consideration.
Your clerical cover letter is the perfect opportunity to show prospective employers how your strengths and skills match their needs for the clerical job opportunity.
Clerical work is wide-ranging and varied, focus on the different capabilities and competencies you can bring to the position and the company.
Identify and highlight the most relevant skills in a well-written and persuasive clerical assistant cover letter that sets you apart from the competition.
Sample Clerical Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Human Resources Manager
8 Industry Place
New York, NY 10021
Dear Ms Morgan
I am very interested in the Clerical Assistant position you advertised on XYZ and believe I have the capabilities to successfully meet your requirements. Please allow me to highlight my skills as they relate to the job opportunity.
- Proven ability to multi-task under pressure and plan and prioritize effectively to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in producing accurate documents and reports within tight time constraints.
- Track record of developing and streamlining processes to improve efficiency.
- History of establishing and maintaining productive and positive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
I am self-sufficient and able to work independently as well as part of a team. I believe my enthusiasm, my skills and my strong work ethic can make a positive contribution to your company. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you to schedule an appointment and provide you with more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Include a job-winning cover letter with your clerical assistant resume and quickly convince the hiring manager of your suitability for the job.
This clerical job description will assist you in identifying the relevant skills to highlight in your clerical assistant cover letter.
Powerful phrases to build your clerical cover letter
You can select appropriate phrases to create the cover letter you want.
- I read with enthusiasm your advertisement for a Clerical Support Assistant in XYZ. A brief description of the skills and strengths I would bring to this position includes the following.
- In response to your advertisement for a Clerical Assistant please consider my resume. I am confident that my abilities can make an immediate and positive contribution to your company.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent data entry skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills ensure efficient completion of multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Able to work effectively with diverse individuals.
- Track record of exercising sound judgment in identifying and solving problems to achieve task objectives.
- Able to take initiative and complete assignments independently.
- I am available to meet with you for an in-depth discussion at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.
- I look forward to hearing from you soon to set up an appointment at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Office Assistant Cover Letter
Admin Assistant Cover Letter
These cover letter resources will help you to create a job-winning cover letter for yourself.
Clerical Cover Letter Tips
Job Skills List
List of Workplace Strengths
Email Cover Letter
The Clerical Job Interview
Clerical Interview Questions
Administrative Interview QuestionsCommon Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Clerical Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page