Before looking at the top informative essay topics, it is important to ask what makes a good topic. The quality of your topic will determine the grading of the paper. Here are important identifies of a good title.
Unique- the topic should stand out from the common titles that are chosen by lazy students. Unique essays are compelling to read since they indicate a creative mind. A unique title will capture the attention of the reader and improve your chances of getting a high score.
Specific- the topic you choose for your essay should set boundaries that are going to be covered in the paper. It should be within your area of study and scope of your academic level. A person reading the title should identify issues that will be covered.
Current- some of the areas have seen numerous essays written from one year to the other. This means that the information is already available. The best thing is to select a topic that will give you a chance to present new ideas or a fresh perspective on an issue. This makes it more interesting to read.
Here is a list of the top informative essay topics for college students.
- What is the value of education if college dropouts go ahead and succeed?
- Why is there racial animosity if multi racial schools are supposed to promote unity?
- Have stiffer anti-terrorism laws and measures fueled more terrorism
- Are security measures infringing on personal rights?
- Is it morally right to use cheaper labor from developing countries?
- Lenient anti-bullying measures are responsible for future crimes.
- Examinations do not provide an accurate measure of the ability of the student.
- Fast foods are more harmful than beneficial to the economy
- Surfing the internet unsupervised for students should be banned
- Celebrities are a bad example to their fans
- Women are yet to get an equal return for their economic contribution in any sector
- Working for long hours reduces productivity
- Technology is leading to a greater loss of historical information
- The Pledge of Allegiance should be made mandatory in all schools
- The government should restrict the type of food served to students during school lunch breaks
- Single sex schools provide a better learning environment
- The war on global warming is a war against development
- The public has a right to know about the private lives of public figures
The best topic for your essay is one that is aligned with your area of study. Consult your teacher in case you have any doubts about the topic you have chosen. Or ask Custom writing service for help! We can write your essay for you!
Are informative essays easy or difficult to write? The purpose of such an essay is to introduce a particular topic without presenting your opinion and without providing evidence to build an argument. This, however, doesn’t mean that you should just make a few statements. You will still have to do research so that you can present a detailed as well as balanced overview of a particular topic. Here are 100 informative essay topics to choose from. They are divided into knowledge areas to make things easier for you. Pick one which you are genuinely interested in.
- Shakespeare’s tragedies
- Medieval Spanish literature
- The work of Robert Frost
- Modern Italian Drama
- British romantic poetry
- The reign of Queen Victoria
- Abolitionism in the United State
- The Russian Revolution
- The Belle Epoque in Europe
- The Cuban Missile Crisis
- The Vietnam War
- Hitler’s rise to power
- Samurai in Japan
- Plato’s theory of the ideal state
- The United States Congress
- Plurality electoral systems
- Current Chinese foreign policy
- Athenian democracy
- Contemporary feminist political theory
- Absolutism in France
- Russia’s foreign policy under Putin since 2012
- Business plan
- The franchise business model
- Human resources management software
- Legal structures for startups
- Supply chain management in healthcare
- Pareto efficiency
- The Great Depression in the United States
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- The Third World Debt Crisis
- The Bretton Woods system of monetary management
- The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- The Four Asian Tigers
- SWOT Analysis
- Social media advertising
- The Ansoff Matrix
- Consumer market segmentation
- The marketing mix
- Customer relationship management
Media and Entertainment
- Violence on TV
- The reporting of breaking news
- The portrayal of religion in movies
- Ethnical diversity in Hollywood
- Women in journalism
Health and Nutrition
- Plastic surgery
- Social anxiety
- Workplace ergonomics
- Asperger’s disorder
- The vegan lifestyle
- Alcohol addiction
- The Paleo diet
- Stress in the workplace
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anorexia in adolescence
- Nicotine addiction
- Computer viruses
- Mobile operating systems
- Virtual reality headsets
- Global warming
- Nuclear power
- Hydraulic fracking
- Tidal power
- Melting polar ice caps
- Electric cars
- Liberal arts colleges
- Montessori education
- Physical education in schools
- Corporal punishment
- Dropping out of college
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Burnout syndrome
- Attachment Theory
- Classical conditioning – Pavlov’s dog
- Biased sampling
- Marxist psychology
- Smartphone addiction
- Kantian ethics
- The Age of Enlightenment in philosophy
- Friedrich Nietzsche’s Ubermensch
- The work of Claude Monet
- The Dutch Masters
- The work of Mozart
- Romantic music (style)
- The work of Paul Gaugin
- The Ballets Russes
- Venus de Milo
- Comic books
- Contemporary dance
- Illegal immigration
- Domestic violence
- Time management
- Poverty in the United States
- Exotic pets
- Plastic surgery
Now that you have got familiar with the huge list of informative essay topics, you will benefit from some tips on how to do the research and how to write the essay. In general, you can modify the topic to make it narrower, if it appears to be very broad. You can be as specific as you like provided that you will have enough to say when you start writing.
How to do the research for your informative essay? You should check a variety of sources. You can refer to books and online sources like Wikipedia and specialized websites. The more diverse your research is the better. You should try to use statistical data where possible. You can also include the views of experts on the topic. Just present them as they are without making any comments. You should try to give your audience a well-rounded view of the subject. For this reason, you should check the views of as many prominent experts as you can find.
The structure of an informative essay is quite simple. You should start by presenting the topic with a few sentences. If a definition is required, you should place it in the first paragraph. Use the subsequent paragraphs to talk about the different aspects of the topic. You should try to start with the most important ones. The conclusion should be a summary of the topic. You should cover the major points without going into explanation.
How about the level of detail? This depends on the requirements of your teacher. Perhaps the best guidance that you can get is the required volume, be it in the form of a number of pages or a specific wordcount. If you have to write a two-page essay, for instance, you should try to make the paragraphs presenting the different aspects of the topic straightforward and to the point don’t go into details as this can play a bad trick on you. You can always add details when revising your first draft, if needed. Generally, you should always prepare the structure of the essay before you begin writing. This is a key rule to stick to.
You should not find it particularly difficult to write an informative essay. Just follow the advice shared here and the guidance which your teacher has given you and you will do fine. Just remember that while you are supposed to present the topic objectively, you should still use a sophisticated style. Don’t just state one fact after the other, but provide an explanation that your audience will understand. When revising your first draft, you should check for bias just to be on the safe side. You should not be judgmental in any way.
It’s now time to confirm your choice of one of the informative essay topics and to begin with the research and writing. Remember that practice makes perfect.
Developed by bookwormhub