In the 2004 Philippine Lasallian Convocation, the Philippine Lasallian Family agreed to step up efforts towards ensuring equitable access to Lasallian education. The De La Salle Schools were mandated to explore and implement initiatives that would allow needy current and prospective students to continue or pursue the holistic and quality education offered by Lasallian educational institutions.
In line with the Convocation resolution, and an earlier Ministry Action Plan for the Lasallian Family Synod of 1999 to expand the access to Lasallian education, De La Salle Santiago Zobel (DLSZ) offers a number of student scholarship grants for incoming Grade 5 to high school students.
In this regard, DLSZ has formulated an expanded Scholarship and Financial Assistance Program (SFAP) with the following objectives:
- To provide financial assistance to academically competent but financially challenged students and applicants
- To provide incentives to those who show excellence in academics, the performing arts, leadership/community service, and sports.
The DLSZ Scholarship and Financial Assistance Program offers the following grants:
Br. Andrew Gonzales FSC Academic Scholarship
Br. Ceci Hojilla FSC Athletic Scholarship
St. Br. Miguel Febres Cordero Arts Scholarship
Br. Rafael Donato FSC Leadership Scholarship
Scholarship Incentive for Student Achievers
Br. V. Felix Masson FSC Student Financial Assistance
Debbie Decena Memorial Scholarship
Francis Luis B. Perlas Scholarship
Centennial Star Scholarship
Scholarships for Children of Military Personnel
Family Tuition Discount
Brother President Scholarship Program (BPSP)
- Scholarship grants may be availed after a year of residency in school corresponding to the level required for the type of scholarship.
- All scholarship grants are renewable every year.
- The Br. Andrew Gonzales Academic Scholarship grantees need not apply.
- Applicants to the Debbie Decena Memorial Scholarship should email the Debbie Decena Memorial Foundation President, Mr. Dennis Decena, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BPSP grantees may also apply in any scholarship except the Br. V. Felix Masson FSC Financial Assistance.
- Only one (1) Student Financial Assistance is granted per family.
- Only one (1) applicant per family may be considered for each type of scholarship.
- The scholarship grant that provides the higher tuition discount will be considered and not the aggregate equivalent for those qualified to more than one (1) type of grant.
- Percentage of discount shall be computed based on the available scholarship fund for the academic year.
The BPSP for De La Salle University (DLSU) was formulated to provide scholarships to qualified children of full-time permanent faculty (teaching and academic service faculty [ASF]) and administrative service personnel (ASP) of the University.
For DLSU, the BPSP serves as a viable alternative to the old tuition waiver scheme.
The BPSP covers tuition grants only (other fees not included) for the following levels:
• 50% tuition grant for elementary
• 100% tuition grant for high school
• 100% tuition grant for college (undergraduate degree program only)
Each sponsor may avail of the scholarship as follows:
• For one (1) child only – maximum of two (2) levels, or
• For two (2) children only – maximum of one (1) level each
Once the scholar/scholars has/have availed of the scholarship, the sponsor may no longer apply for the scholarship of his/her other children
The following are qualified to apply:
1. Legitimate or legally adopted children of married, permanent and full-time faculty (Teaching and ASF) and Administrative Service Personnel (ASP) (later referred to as “sponsor”) who joined DLSU in May 1987 or after (those not qualified for the old tuition waiver program), have served the University for at least three years as faculty/ASF/ASP, and are in active University Service while enjoying the grant. Faculty who are on service, sabbatical or any leave with pay, as well as those who were seconded or in special detail to a De La Salle unit or affiliate are considered in active service;
2. Must have passed the entrance requirements of La Salle Green Hills, De La Salle-Santiago Zobel School, De La Salle-Canlubang, De La Salle-Araneta University, De La Salle University-Dasmariñas, De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde or De La Salle University-Manila; and
3. Must be an incoming Kinder 1 or Grade 1 student for the elementary level, first year student for the high school level, or freshman student for the college level (undergraduate degree program only).
1. Submit the following requirements to the SFA Office:
a. Official letter of acceptance from the school or a certified true copy of the previous year’s report card (for old students);
b. Certification of good moral character from the Discipline Officer (or equivalent) of the school last attended;
c. Letter of certification of parent’s permanent and current employment status and number of years of service at DLSU from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academics (OVCA) [for faculty and ASF] or the Office of the Vice Chancellor
for Administration (OVCAD) [for ASP]
Based on the BPSP selection criteria, the University Scholarship Council formalizes the decision and informs the applicant accordingly.
Ten (10) slots shall be allotted per academic year. Applicants shall be ranked based on the sponsor’s number of years of service at DLSU.
1. Maintenance of Grade Point Average (GPA) of not lower than 1.600 or its equivalent each term (for college level only)
2. Obtaining a passing average at the end of the academic year, qualifying the scholars to be promoted to the next grade/year level the following year (for elementary and high school levels only)
3. Enrollment with a full-load or in units as prescribed in the program checklist (for college level only)
4. Non-shifting of degree program except for highly meritorious
reasons (for college level only)
5. Truthful reporting of information on all SFA forms
6. Compliance with the guidelines incumbent upon awardees, per University Scholarship Council and SFA Office policies
Duration of Grant:
1. The grant is for one (1) academic year only (for elementary and high school), one (1) trimester only (for college level).
2. Grants are renewable thereafter upon compliance with SFA conditions. The grant may be renewed only while the sponsor is still in active service with DLSU.
3. For elementary and high school, the grant may be renewed up to the final grade/year of the level. For college, the grant may be renewed only up to the regular span of the student’s curriculum as indicated in the program checklist.
Number of Slots
Scholarship Application Schedule
|Application Period||Exam Schedule||Scholarship Results Date|
|on or before March 31||DLSU CAT schedule||to be announced by DLSU OAS|